Your privacy is a priority to us.
It is Global Healthcare & Beauty’s policy to keep any information you provide us with whilst
understand how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise make use of your information. We have
● We will only collect your information by lawful means and will obtain your consent
● We will protect any information given to us through the use of security safeguards
against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or
● Before or at the time of collecting your information, we will state the reasons behind
why your information is being collected. We will only collect and use your information
for fulfilling these purposes and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the
consent of the individual concerned or if it is required by law.
● We will make information regarding our policies and practices relating to the
management of their personal information readily available to the customers.
● The information collected will be relevant to the purposes for which it is being used,
and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and
● We will only keep the information of the individual for as long as is necessary for the
fulfilment of the purposes outlined to the individual.
We are committed to abiding by these principles to ensure the confidentiality of personal
changes will be posted on this Site.
By using the Site, you are deemed to have full knowledge and understanding of and accept this
from using the Site.
We collect information in order to deal with your queries, process your booking or purchase,
guide your online experience, supply you with the appropriate information you require, and for
record keeping purposes. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your
information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are used to personalise your interface with the site, as well as to remember you when
you return. They are small packets of data that are stored by your browser on the hard drive of
your computer to identify yourself to us and help us keep track of what you have shown interest
in. Your browser may have a feature to disable such cookies (or you can personally delete them)
and your interface will not be severely restricted.
Cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use them to create
reports in order to improve the site. The cookies collect the information in an anonymous form,
including how many visitors have used the site, where the visitors have come from, and the
pages they have visited.
Cookies cannot harm your computer. We do not store information that can personally identify
you, such as your credit card details, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them
to help improve your experience of the site. Each browser will work differently, so check the
‘Managing cookies’ section below of your particular browser to learn how to change your
We are providing this information as part of our initiative to comply with relevant legislation,
and to ensure we’re honest about your privacy in regards to using our website.
If you would like to find out more regarding cookies in general and how to manage them, visit
When you visit our site there may be some cookies that are not related to w3p. If you go on to a
web page that contains embedded content, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We
have no control over the settings of these cookies, therefore we suggest that you check the
third-party websites for more information regarding their cookies and how to manage them.
If you share content with friends and family through social networks, you may be sent cookies
from these websites. We have no control over the settings of these cookies, so please check the
third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
How We Use and Share Your Information To help You
We keep your information in order to ensure our professions involved in your care have you
accurate and up-to-date personal information. Also, in order for us to accurately assess your
needs and provide you with excellent care, we require this information. Additionally, this
information can be used to properly investigate any concerns you may have if a complaint is
If cookies are not enabled on your computer, your experience on our website will be limited to
browsing and researching.
To Enable Cookies
If you’re not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
● For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option
● For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
How To Check Cookies Are Enabled For PCs
● Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
● Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content
● Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
● Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’
● Click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’
● Click ‘Save’
● Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
● Then select the Privacy icon
● Click on Cookies, then select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
● Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’ , then
click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
● Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in
● Settings above Medium will disable cookies
How To Check Cookies Are Enabled For Macs
Safari on OSX
Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
● Click on ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’ options
● Scroll down until you see ‘Cookies’ under Receiving Files
● Select the ‘Never Ask’ option
Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’
Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab
Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
● Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ at the top of your browser window and select the
● Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’
● Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
please do not hesitate to contact us.
Privacy Notice For Our Patients/Service Users
We keep a record of the care you receive from our clinic to ensure that:
● Our clinic staff have accurate and up-to-date information about yourself
● We have the necessary information from you to assess your needs and provide the care
● Your concerns can be properly investigated if a complaint is raised
On our behalf, we must:
● Make sure your information is kept confidential and secure
● Maintain full records of the care we provide you with
● Provide an accessible copy of this information at your request
Your record may include some or all of the following information:
● Your name, address and date of birth
● Your contact information (including email address and telephone number)
● Contacts you have had with our clinic
● Notes and records of your health
● Your previous medical history
● Forms of photo ID
● Treatments you have had within the clinic, including photos
● Informations regarding medicines you are taking, side effects you have experienced, and
● Relevant information from people such as health professionals and relatives that we may
need to know in regards to your health
You have the right to discuss and request to see what information is kept and written on your
How Global Healthcare & Beauty uses your contact details
● We need a valid contact number and email address for you as we may need to contact
you with information relevant to your treatment such as appointment confirmation,
pre-care advice, post-treatment follow-ups, etc.
● Emails will allow you to keep a record of conversations between yourself and GHB Clinic
● You can use email to contact our staff about enquiries or to ask about your appointment
If you have an urgent query or feel unwell after attending your appointment then contact the
clinic (Monday-Saturday 9:30am to 6:30pm), or an emergency service (e.g., 999).
How your records are kept
Our guiding principle is that we will hold your information in strict confidence.
Global Healthcare & Beauty is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. This abides by the
law and observes good practice in maintaining complete confidentiality and appropriate
We will fulfil our obligations under this agreement to the fullest extent by ensuring the
following eight principles governing the processing of personal information are observed:
● personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully;
● personal data shall be obtained only for specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be
processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes;
● personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes
for which it is processed;
● personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
● personal data shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it
● personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under
● personal data shall be subject to appropriate technical and organisational measures to
protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or
● personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European
Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of data
Information regarding yourself and the treatments you receive may be held in various formats
and will be held for the specific retention periods outlined by the relevant professional bodies.
We only use secure systems to store user records, images, and prescription details. Patient data
held on paper will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act and destroyed using
secure documented procedures after the set time periods set out by the Department of Health.
How your records are used
Your records are used to:
● Ensure any treatments we provide you are based on accurate information
● Monitor the quality of our care and assist us in understanding the outcomes of care
● Investigate any concerns or complaints you may have about your healthcare
● Provide information that is needed for financial transactions in relation to payment for
We may remove your name and other details that coil identify you so that we can use the
information anonymously to:
● Monitor and improve the quality of care we provide our patients
● Train and educate our staff
Sharing your health record
Global Healthcare & beauty have an information lead data protection officer who is responsible
for protecting the confidentiality of all client information and ensuring this is only shared when
During your treatment, we may need to share your information with:
● Our healthcare professions (e.g., our doctors and nurses)
● Administrative support staff
We may share your information if:
● You ask us to
● We are required by law to
● We have special permission because we believe that the reasons for sharing are so
important that they override our confidentiality obligations
Sharing your information outside the EU
If your permanent address is outside of the EU (or your treatment is occuring outside the EU),
we may need to send some of your details to individuals based outside the EU specifically to
promote your ongoing care. Normally this would be the doctor who referred you to us for the
treatment. If you wish, we can give you the documents to give you physical control over this
We may use third parties to process and store your personal data on our behalf. We normally
store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA). Such processing is
subject to contractual restrictions with regard to confidentiality and security in addition to the
obligations imposed by the Data Protection Act 1998.
Where necessary we may transfer personal information overseas for processing to support the
long- term effectiveness of treatment and monitor patient outcomes. Personal information will
be processed in this way when it is not possible to achieve this purpose with the use of
anonymised or pseudonymised information only.
How Can I Stop My Information From Being Shared?
Global Healthcare & Beauty acts to provide information for other health and social care
professionals who request this information as they require further detailed investigations on
their patients. We will normally need to share your personal information with your doctor. If
you wish for us to not share your information with your doctor or other healthcare providers,
please let us know. However, please note that choosing to not share your information may
affect the care that you receive.
You have the right to request that your confidential information not be used beyond your own
care and treatment. Where your wishes cannot be followed, you will be told the reasons behind
this including the legal basis. You may at any time withdraw any consent you previously had
If you would like to opt-out, withdraw consent to the use of your information, or discuss what
impact doing this may have, please express your concerns with us or email us by typing ‘Opt Out
Request’ in the email subject line.
Your legal rights
Global Healthcare & Beauty is the Data Controller for the data we hold regarding our patients
You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA), the Human
Rights Act 1998, and the Common Law Duty of Confidentiality. The Equality Act 2010 may also
You have the right to know what information we retain about you, what we use it for, and if the
information is shared with anyone you also have the right to know who it will be shared with.
You have the right to apply for access to your personal information held by us. Other people can
apply for access to your health records on your behalf, including anyone authorised by you in
writing (e.g., a solicitor), or anyone appointed by a court to manage your affairs where you
cannot manage them yourself. Access covers:
● The right to obtain a copy of your record in permanent form
● The right to have the information provided to you in a way you can understand, and
explained where necessary.
You would not be entitled to see information that:
● Has been provided about you by someone else if they have not given you permission to
● Identifies another person who has not given permission for you to see the information
● Relates to criminal offences
● Is being used to detect or prevent crime
● Could cause physical or mental harm to you or someone else
If you are currently receiving treatments/services from us and would like to view your record
without obtaining a copy, please discuss your request with the professional in charge of your
Obtaining a Copy Of Your Record
If you wish to apply for the access of your personal information:
● You should send us a request in writing
● You should provide enough information to enable us to identify your records
● We will take all steps to respond to you within 30 days of your request being sent
● You may be required to provide us with a form of identification before any information is
released to you.
If you believe any information on your records is incorrect once receiving them then please
inform us immediately.
Global Healthcare & Beauty is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for
all patients and staff for the best practice to be demonstrated and for the safety of everyone
We recommend that all patients are seen at some point during the consultation process alone
with our doctor in order to ensure patients are able to freely express any concerns or worries
without the fear of coercion or threat from an accompanying individual.
Regardless of gender of the patient or clinician, you will be offered the option of having an
impartial observer present for any intimate consultations provided. Our trained staff routinely
undertake this role and will:
● Be sensitive and respectful regarding the matter
● Reassure you in the event of distress or discomfort
● Retain confidentiality
● Be familiar with the procedure involved
● Stay for the entirety of the examination and be able to observe what the clinician is
doing at all times
● Be prepared to raise concerns fi they are concerned about the clinician’s behaviour or
Your healthcare professional may also require and request an impartial observer to be present
in certain consultations in accordance with our chaperone policy.
Further information about data protection issues is at:
63 Shelton Street,
Helpline: 020 3515 2525